This panel discussion explores the guiding question of day 1: The relationship of the NDCs with processes of the Paris Agreement and the Paris Agreement Rulebook, mechanisms and processes countries are putting in place to implement climate actions, and the relevance and impact of the Rulebook on different stakeholders involved in NDC implementation.
Moderated panel discussion (45 minutes):
- Rosa Morales, Director General of Climate Change and Desertification, Ministry of Environment of Peru
- Sandra Motshwanedi, Deputy Director: International Reporting on Climate Change, Department of Environmental Affairs, South Africa, PATPA Co-Founder
- Sinha Kumar, Joint Secretary and Officer on Special Duty and Director General, Institute of Urban Transport, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India
- Bernd Hackmann, Programme Officer, Mitigation, Data and Analysis Programme, UNFCCC Secretariat
- Moderator: Ron Benioff, Executive Director of LEDS Global Partnership and Manager of International Programs at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Participant discussion at their tables.