This session introduces the guiding question of day 3, setting out the climate policy related challenges in a long-term perspective, both at national and global levels. The session highlights approaches to developing ambitious new/updated NDCs for achieving the long term goal of the Paris Agreement.
Key note speech about a vision of a future below 1.5C by Andrea Meza, Director of Climate Change, Ministry of Environment and Energy, Costa Rica, and Co-chair of the NDC Partnership, followed by a moderated discussion:
- Dariana Mattei Ramos, Caribbean Youth Environment Network
- Bill Hare, CEO and Senior Scientist, Climate Analytics
- Margaret-Ann Splawn, Executive Director, Climate Markets and Investment Association (CMIA)
- Andrea Meza, Director of Climate Change, Ministry of Environment and Energy (MINAE), Costa Rica, and Co-chair of the NDC Partnership
- Moderator: Claudio Forner, Team Lead at the Mitigation, Data and Analysis Programme, UNFCCC Secretariat
Participant discussion, followed by introduction of Parallel Breakout Sessions.