Date: Thursday 1st June
This breakout session aims to foster a meaningful exchange of insights on successful public-private-IFI partnerships, delve into the challenges that hinder the effectiveness of proposed actions, and explore ways in which we can collaboratively bridge the adaptation finance gap. By engaging in these discussions, stakeholders can identify opportunities to enhance cooperation, improve investment design, and unlock private sector financing for climate adaptation initiatives in vulnerable regions worldwide. This session includes speakers from the government, international financial institutions, private sector investors, and bilateral funders.
- Noelle O’Brien, Director of Climate Change, Asian Development Bank
- Liliam Beatris Chagas de Moura, Climate Director, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Brazil
- Geoff Blate, Senior Adviser for Mitigation, USAID
- Ariane Pevide, Director, MUFG Bank for Emerging Markets
- Martin Ewald, Managing Director / Lead Portfolio Manager – Impact Investments, EMCAF / Allianz Investor Group
- Jyotsna (Jo) Puri, Associate Vice-President, Strategy and Knowledge Department, IFAD